Radio Frequency Skin Tightening 101: Everything You Need To Know
Radio Frequency Skin Tightening 101: Everything You Need To Know
Whether you’re desperate to reverse signs of ageing or tighten loose and sagging skin, a radio frequency (RF) skin treatment is the ideal alternative to a potentially dangerous cosmetic procedure. Safe, effective and clinically proven to transform your figure, this highly sought after treatment has gained rapid popularity in recent years. And there’s little reason why — radio frequency treatments are quick, easy, non-invasive, non-surgical and entirely pain-free. If you’re ready to turn back the clock on ageing skin, melt away fat, or sculpt, lift and tone your figure, we’ve broken down everything you need to know about radio frequency skin tightening treatments.
What is RF skin tightening?
Whether you have loose body skin around your abdomen and upper arms or stubborn face wrinkles and deep vertical brow creases, radio frequency treatments use alternating energy waves to heat the deepest layer of the dermis to stimulate collagen and elastin production — two vital proteins that give your skin volume, bounce and plumpness.
Using a medical-grade device, the frequency heats the skin tissue to 40 degrees, creating thermal trauma that impacts collagen fibres. The local heating causes these fibres to contract and, at the same time, increases the metabolism of fibroblasts that accelerate collagen and elastin fibre production. The regeneration of collagen and elastin helps tighten the underlying structure without damaging the top layer of the skin. The result? Smoother, firmer and softer looking skin that offers a youthful, lit-from-within glow.
Which areas can be treated with radio frequency skin tightening?
If you’re seeing signs of ageing or hoping to tighten and firm skin post weight loss or pregnancy, there are a range of areas you can treat. You’re the ideal candidate if you wish to do the following:
- Body sculpting and contouring — If you’re struggling with skin sagging as you age, radio frequency skin treatments can firm and tighten the skin by stimulating the body’s collagen and elastin production.
- Diminish the appearance of cellulite — Cellulite is persistent subcutaneous fat that causes dimpling of the skin, especially in women. RF skin tightening targets subcutaneous fat by emitting RF waves to heat the fatty layers under the skin. The effects of tissue tightening and increased blood circulation mean that fatty deposits are drained through the lymphatic system, reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Reducing body fat — Radio frequency skin treatments melt subcutaneous fat that’s processed through your body’s lymphatic draining system. Unlike liposuction, there’s no chance of infection as you’re not introducing anything foreign to the body. This means those with sensitive skin can reap the benefits of radio frequency skin tightening treatments.
- Post-operation smoothing — If you’ve undergone weight loss surgery and you’re left with loose, sagging skin, this treatment will help maintain skin elastin.
- Anti-ageing — Say goodbye to wrinkles once and for all with this safe, non-invasive treatment method. RF skin tightening can treat crow’s feet, nasolabial folds, drooping eyebrow lines and neck wrinkles. By triggering collagen production, your cells are firmer and tighter, resulting in smoother, softer and more plump skin. Each treatment builds upon the last, so you’ll look progressively younger after every session.
How many sessions do I need, and how long does radio frequency skin tightening last?
Like most things in life, there’s no quick fix or cure-all treatment that will completely eradicate your skin concerns. This energy-based bio-stimulative treatment requires several sessions — usually eight to 10. Patients looking to tighten, tone, and create a skin contouring effect typically undergo two to six sessions to achieve desired, long-term results.
It’s difficult to predict how long your results will last, given radio frequency skin treatments stimulate the body’s natural collagen and elastin production. While results continue to improve over several months, it really depends on your metabolism and your natural ageing process. With that said, patients generally notice effects for up to two years.
To prolong results, most therapists recommend completing the full course of treatment. Most people book one treatment per week, however, patients with more mature skin may need to book their appointments two weeks apart when treating the same area.
Do radio frequency skin treatments hurt?
Unlike liposuction or a tummy tuck, radio frequency skin tightening treatments are not painful. When performed correctly by an expert, this low-risk cosmetic treatment simply heats the skin, which most patients find soothing and relaxing. If you desire to sculpt problem areas and wish to avoid pain and long periods of recovery, RF skin tightening is the ideal choice.
Are there any side effects?
Radio frequency skin treatments carry minimal risk. The treatment is non-invasive, meaning it doesn’t penetrate the skin, so there’s no risk of infection or potential complications. During the treatment, you won’t experience pain or discomfort, simply a mild heat sensation. After your radio frequency skin tightening session, you can expect some redness and warmth in the treated area, but this settles quickly. With no aftercare or downtime required, you’ll walk out of the clinic pain-free and ready to go about your day as planned.
What is the cost of radio frequency skin tightening?
At Elite Body Contouring, it costs $199 per session — whether you’re treating your face, neck and decolletage or your arms, forearms, bra rolls, love handles, stomach, buttocks, inner thighs, outer thighs, rear thighs or knees. If you have any questions or concerns about the cost of radio frequency skin tightening, please don’t hesitate to contact our team.
To sculpt and tone your figure, book your radio frequency treatment with us today
As Sydney’s leading body contouring specialists, you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands when you book an appointment for radio frequency skin tightening. Our team of therapists use medical-grade technology to provide noticeable, long-term results that will improve your confidence and boost your self-esteem. Whether you’re hoping to tone your tummy after pregnancy or keep the skin under your arms firm and bouncy, don’t forget to check out our radio frequency skin tightening reviews to see real-life before and after results that show incredible transformations. For further information about our non-invasive radio frequency treatments, you’ll also find handy information on our blog.