Be it rapid weight loss, pregnancy or the natural ageing process — loose skin is a common bodily concern that once required a lengthy surgery to correct. However, with the latest advancements in technology and a strong focus on innovative, non-invasive skin tightening treatments, it’s never been easier to reach your body goals.
At Elite Body Contouring — Sydney’s most trusted non-surgical clinic — our expert team of qualified therapists offer advanced, science-backed treatments that will help tighten loose skin and increase collagen and elastin production for a visibly contoured, toned and smooth figure.
The medical-grade treatments we offer include:
Wondering why you have loose skin? Here are some of the most common causes
Whether you have loose skin on your thighs, neck, armpits, or stomach, multiple factors can contribute to this common concern. These include:
- Loose skin after weight loss — Skin that has been stretched due to significant weight gain can disrupt your body’s ability to produce collagen and elastin — two vital proteins in the dermis that give the skin elasticity, bounce and firmness. After weight loss, the skin lacks the necessary proteins to return to its original shape, meaning it loses its firmness and tends to hang on the body. Most individuals who have shed a large amount of weight (usually 40 kilograms or more) will experience this aesthetic concern — which can often lead to confidence and self-esteem issues. If you’re wondering how to avoid loose skin after weight loss, building muscle mass through weight training is one of the best ways to reduce skin sagging.
- Ageing — As we age, our body produces less and less collagen and elastin. As a result, wrinkles begin to form and the skin sags or loses its overall shape. While this process is entirely natural, collagen and elastin production also declines with exposure to harsh UV rays and lifestyle factors such as poor nutrition, excess alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Pregnancy — While every individual is different, some degree of saggy, loose skin after pregnancy is commonly experienced — especially for women who carry twins or triplets. Sagging usually occurs around the abdomen.
Explore the treatments available at Elite Body Contouring
- HIFU body skin tightening
HIFU is a non-invasive, clinically-proven permanent fat-loss treatment that heats the deep and superficial layers of the skin’s tissue through ultrasound waves to tighten, lift, firm and tone the treated area. By targeting multiple skin layers, HIFU skin tightening also stimulates collagen and elastin production to refresh and rejuvenate the skin from within.
The ideal choice for those who have loose skin after weight loss, this quick and easy treatment takes just 30 to 60 minutes to complete, making it a great alternative to undergoing a tummy tuck that requires a painful recovery and extensive downtime from daily life.
Whether you have young or mature skin that’s lost its elasticity over the years, HIFU can target loose skin on your thighs, neck, armpits, and stomach for those seeking a deeper and stronger tightening solution. You’ll notice immediate firming and tightening results, but the full effect develops over 12 weeks as your body begins to produce new collagen and elastin. HIFU is also used for non-surgical facelifts.
- RF (radio frequency) body skin tightening
Using energy waves to heat the deepest layer of the dermis to stimulate collagen and elastin production, RF tightens loose skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin texture for a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. With no downtime or post-treatment care required, this clinically-proven treatment takes just 60 minutes to complete. The ideal solution for men and women of all ages, RF treatments are suitable for clients looking to tighten and firm the skin post weight loss or pregnancy.
- LIPOcel — Body sculpting
If you have loose stomach skin or loose skin on the thighs, LIPOcel is a permanent fat reduction and skin tightening treatment that uses HIFU to destroy fat cells while tightening the skin. It’s particularly effective in treating excess fat deposits in small and large areas around the abdomen that can be hard to remove through exercise and diet alone.
Tighten loose skin and book an appointment at Elite Body Contouring today
Renowned for providing scientifically proven, non-invasive and non-surgical body treatments, Elite Body Contouring is proud to use TGA-certified technology to help our patients reach their body goals.
To get started, book a free consultation online today where our medical experts will listen to your aesthetic concerns before creating a tailored loose skin removal treatment plan that will sculpt, lift and tighten the skin for a rejuvenated and youthful appearance. Don’t forget to check out our before and after treatment results so you can see real-life results. If you have any questions or want to know more about getting rid of loose skin, please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly team of therapists — they’re here to guide you in the right direction and put your mind at ease.
Can loose skin be tightened?
Rather than going under the knife and enduring an anaesthetic and a lengthy procedure, a non-invasive loose skin removal treatment is the ideal alternative. Whether you opt for LIPOcel sculpting, HIFU or RF skin tightening, our permanent bodily treatments will blast fat cells and improve areas of concern with no downtime or aftercare.
What causes loose skin?
The most common cause of loose skin is ageing — a natural process that reduces the body’s production of collagen and elastin. Other causes include pregnancy or rapid weight gain and subsequent weight loss.
How can I prevent loose skin?
Sagging skin is an inevitable part of ageing. However, there are ways you can prolong and prevent the effects. These include:
- Losing weight at a healthy, normal pace
- Staying out of the sun
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Staying hydrated
- Avoiding smoking
What is the best way to tighten skin without surgery?
Gone are the days of needing a lengthy surgery to tighten loose skin. With a few sessions of HIFU, LIPOcel or RF skin tightening, you’ll bring your skin back to its most lifted and sculpted state.