Cellulite Treatment: Pre-Treatment and Post-Care Protocols
Thank you for choosing Elite Body Contouring for your Cellulite treatment.
In order to maintain our high standards of safety and to maximise your results, we've listed some important information below which you should familiarise yourself with before you commence your treatment.
The information listed on this page contains essential details, requirements, and/or instructions which are important for you to know before you begin your treatment with Elite Body Contouring.
If any of the below apply to you or should you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible prior to completing your treatment.
- Avoid a heavy meal and fatty foods 1 hour before treatment
- Avoid caffeine 2 hours before treatment
- Avoid any alcohol 24 hours before treatment
- Avoid having any laser treatments on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure (sun burn) on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- If the skin is red, irritated or broken, we cannot treat until the skin has completely healed
- Our treatments are not suitable for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Please advise of any blood thinning or skin thinning medications you are taking
- Our Cellulite treatments must be had in conjunction with a healthy diet and lifestyle which includes the consumption of at least 2 litres of water per day to achieve results
- The area may feel tender immediately after the procedure
- The treated area may be flushed, red and feel tingly
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hrs after treatment
- Avoid caffeine 2 hours after treatment
- Avoid a heavy meal and fatty foods for 1 hour after treatment
- Do not wax the treated area for 3-5 days
- Do not laser the treated area for 2 weeks
- No strenuous exercise for 24 hours after the treatment
- Avoid hot baths, steam rooms and massage for 24 hrs after treatment
- Avoid sun burn during the healing process of the skin for 2 weeks after treatment
- Drink plenty of water
- A review of your progress is recommended after 12 weeks during a scheduled follow-up appointment
Maintaining Your Results
Monitor Visceral Fat Levels
Our treatments target only stubborn subcutaneous fat, but not visceral fat. Visceral fat is the deep dangerous fat around the organs that can only be influenced through diet, lifestyle (sleep, stress) and exercise. It is therefore important to keep a close eye on your visceral fat levels through the course of the treatments – eat a healthy, balanced diet, keep active, drink water, sleep and manage stress levels.
If your lifestyle changes in a negative way, your visceral fat cells can expand and you may put on weight all over the body which can greatly impact on the success of your treatments. Non-surgical fat reduction treatments work to destroy stubborn subcutaneous fat cells, so if you are expanding your visceral fat cells (as a result of living an unhealthy lifestyle), you will compromise the results of your treatment.
An InBody 770 body composition scan will be conducted before each treatment to help ensure you are on-track to achieve the best results. We also encourage our clients to drop-by the clinic in-between treatments to conduct regular complimentary InBody scans to help keep you on track.
All of our treatments are non-invasive which means that no needles or cutting is involved to remove the fat from the body - instead, the fat removal happens through your body's natural waste disposal processes via the liver and lymphatic system.
Hydration plays a critical role in how your body manages these processes, and in particular, water helps to facilitate the removal of dead toxins, which is why staying hydrated after your treatment is so important - this is especially important when treating cellulite.
Your Body Contouring Specialist will calculate the right amount of water you should be drinking as a minimum for your age, weight and height, after your InBody scan has been completed.
Maintain Your Muscle Mass
Our treatments will only work to target the stubborn subcutaneous fat so it is crucial that muscle mass is maintained otherwise we could see a loss in volume resulting in more evident cellulite. Your Body Contouring Specialist will keep a close eye on your skeletal muscle mass during your cellulite reduction program to ensure muscle mass is maintained at home.
Follow Your Treatment Course
During your consultation, our trained specialists will work with you to develop a tailored treatment plan to help you to achieve the best possible results for your concerns.
We will use our experience and expertise to be able to provide you with the closest guide possible when advising the number of sessions required. Not following (or completing) your treatment plan will directly impact the effects of your treatment.
At-Home Product Care
Cellulite is extremely stubborn which means at-home care is particularly important following your treatment. We recommend Venus E-tox by ATP Science to help melt away stubborn subcutaneous fat (the same stubborn fat we are treating in clinic) and to detox any excess estrogen in dominant areas such as the thighs. Your Body Contouring Specialist will go through suggested home care after your treatment.
Give Your Body Time
In most cases, more than one treatment is needed to achieve the desired results - and maintenance sessions may also be required in the future. Some clients see results a lot quicker than others, however this will vary person to person. Non-Surgical Body Contouring is a process and we are with you the whole way. All clients receive complimentary InBody Body Composition Scans through their program to help monitor results and keep you on track.
Elite Body Contouring Copyright ©2021 All rights reserved.