HIFU Body Treatments: Pre-Treatment and Post-Care Protocols
Thank you for choosing Elite Body Contouring for your HIFU Skin Tightening body treatment.
In order to maintain our high standards of safety and to maximise your results, we've listed some important information below which you should familiarise yourself with before you commence your treatment.
The information listed on this page contains essential details, requirements, and/or instructions which are important for you to know before you begin your treatment with Elite Body Contouring.
If any of the below apply to you or should you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible prior to completing your treatment.
- Avoid a heavy meal and fatty foods 1 hour before treatment
- Avoid caffeine 2 hours before treatment
- Avoid any alcohol 24 hours before treatment
- Avoid having any laser treatments on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure (sun burn) on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- If the skin is red, irritated or broken, we cannot treat until the skin has completely healed
- Our treatments are not suitable for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Please advise of any blood thinning or skin thinning medications you are taking
- If you have any metal implants in the area being treated, unfortunately we cannot treat with HIFU. This is because the metal attracts the HIFU energy and the area can become quite hot and painful
- It is normal for the area to feel warm immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area may be flushed, red and feel tingly
- Do not wax the treated area for 3-5 days
- Do not laser the treated area for 2 weeks
- Do not exfoliate the skin for 2-3 days
- Avoid hot baths, steam rooms and massage for 24 hrs after treatment
- Avoid sun burn during the healing process of the skin for 2 weeks after treatment
- Apply SPF 30 daily
- Drink plenty of water
- A review of your progress is recommended after 12 weeks during a scheduled Follow Up appointment
Maintaining Your Results
Monitor Visceral Fat Levels
Our treatments target only stubborn subcutaneous fat, but not visceral fat. Visceral fat is the deep dangerous fat around the organs that can only be influenced through diet, lifestyle (sleep, stress) and exercise. It is therefore important to keep a close eye on your visceral fat levels through the course of the treatments – eat a healthy, balanced diet, keep active, drink water, sleep and manage stress levels.
If your lifestyle changes in a negative way, your visceral fat cells can expand and you may put on weight all over the body which can greatly impact on the success of your treatments. Non-surgical fat reduction treatments work to destroy stubborn subcutaneous fat cells, so if you are expanding your visceral fat cells (as a result of living an unhealthy lifestyle), you will compromise the results of your treatment.
An InBody 770 body composition scan will be conducted before each treatment to help ensure you are on-track to achieve the best results. We also encourage our clients to drop-by the clinic in-between treatments to conduct regular complimentary InBody scans to help keep you on track.
All of our treatments are non-invasive which means that no needles or cutting is involved to remove the fat from the body - instead, the fat removal happens through your body's natural waste disposal processes via the liver and lymphatic system.
Hydration plays a critical role in how your body manages these processes, and in particular, water helps to facilitate the removal of dead toxins, which is why staying hydrated after your treatment is so important.
Your Body Contouring Specialist will calculate the right amount of water you should be drinking as a minimum for your age, weight and height, after your InBody scan has been completed.
Follow Your Treatment Course
During your consultation, our trained specialists will work with you to develop a tailored treatment plan to help you to achieve the best possible results for your concerns.
We will use our experience and expertise to be able to provide you with the closest guide possible when advising the number of sessions required. Not following (or completing) your treatment plan will directly impact the effects of your treatment.
At-Home Product Care
At Elite Body Contouring we understand the importance of making sure your body is functioning at its best in order to achieve the best possible results from our non-invasive treatments. We offer a range of scientifically backed supplements by ATP science to help regulate stress, boost immunity, improve gut health and much more. Your Body Contouring Specialist will go through suggested home care after your treatment.
Give Your Body Time
Immediately after the treatment, you may notice that your skin is firmer and its texture is lifted, however the full effect of the treatment generally takes around 12-weeks to kick in. Through this time, you will continue to see a dramatic improvement in facial contouring and a visible reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
In most cases, more than one treatment is needed to achieve the desired results - and maintenance sessions may also be required in the future. Some clients see results a lot quicker than others, however this will vary person to person. Non-Surgical Body Contouring is a process and we are with you the whole way. All clients receive complimentary InBody Body Composition Scans through their program to help monitor results and keep you on track.
Elite Body Contouring Copyright ©2021 All rights reserved.