HIFU Face & Neck:
Pre-Treatment and Post-Care Protocols
In order to maintain our high standards of safety and to maximise your results, we've listed some important information below which you should familiarise yourself with before you commence your treatment.
The information listed on this page contains essential details, requirements, and/or instructions which are important for you to know before you begin your treatment with Elite Body Contouring.
If any of the below apply to you or should you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible prior to completing your treatment.
- Avoid injectables 4 weeks in or near treatment areas before treatment
- Avoid any facial peels 4 weeks before treatment
- Avoid microdermabrasion 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid having any laser treatments on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure (sun burn) on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid skin care containing active ingredients 3-5 days before treatment (i.e. Vitamin A, Vitamin C, AHAs and BHAs)
- HIFU is not suitable for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have dermal implants, or any metal implants including chin implant, we unfortunately cannot treat with HIFU. This is because the metal attracts the HIFU energy and the area can become quite hot and painful
- If you are currently taking any acne or skin thinning or photosensitive medication such as Roaccutane we cannot treat your skin as there is a risk of burning
- If you have any open sores, acne, infection or skin sensitivity in the area we cannot treat with HIFU
- We cannot treat with HIFU if you have previously had threads within the last year