HIFU Face & Neck: Pre-Treatment & Post-Care Protocols
In order to maintain our high standards of safety and to maximise your results, we've listed some important information below which you should familiarise yourself with before you commence your treatment.
The information listed on this page contains essential details, requirements, and/or instructions which are important for you to know before you begin your treatment with Elite Body Contouring.
If any of the below apply to you or should you have any questions, please contact us as soon as possible prior to completing your treatment.
- Avoid botox/filler 4 weeks in or near treatment areas before treatment
- Avoid any facial peels 4 weeks before treatment
- Avoid microdermabrasion 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid having any laser treatments on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure (sun burn) on the area 2 weeks before treatment
- Avoid skin care containing active ingredients 3-5 days before treatment (i.e. Vitamin A, Vitamin C, AHAs and BHAs)
- HIFU is not suitable for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have dermal implants, or any metal implants including chin implant, we unfortunately cannot treat with HIFU. This is because the metal attracts the HIFU energy and the area can become quite hot and painful
- If you are currently taking any acne or skin thinning or photosensitive medication such as Roaccutane we cannot treat your skin as there is a risk of burning
- If you have any open sores, acne, infection or skin sensitivity in the area we cannot treat with HIFU
- We cannot treat with HIFU if you have previously had threads within the last year
- It is normal for the area to feel warm immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area may be flushed, red and feel tingly
- Do not wax the treated area for 3-5 days
- Do not laser the treated area for 2 weeks
- Do not exfoliate the skin for 2-3 days
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid skin care containing active ingredients 3-5 days after treatment (i.e. Vitamin A, Vitamin C, AHAs and BHAs)
- Avoid hot baths, steam rooms and massage for 24 hours
- Avoid sun burn during the healing process of the skin for 2 weeks
- If the skin feels hot or sensitive, apply aloe vera or a cold compress to the area
- Apply SPF 30 daily
- Drink plenty of water
- A review of your progress is recommended after 12 weeks during a scheduled Follow Up appointment
Maintaining Your Results
Give Your Body Time
Immediately after the treatment, you may notice that your skin is firmer and its texture is lifted. The full effect of the treatment generally takes around 12-weeks to kick in, and through this time, you will continue to see a dramatic improvement in facial contouring, and a visible reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
At-Home Product Care
At Elite Body Contouring, we are big believers in applying the correct post care products to help accelerate your results. We use HYDROPEPTIDE Skincare, a Dr Developed Range that utilises powerful peptides in the latest formations for ultimate anti-ageing. Your Skin Specialist will recommend appropriate skin care to help boost the results of your treatments. However please find below some products we highly recommend as part of your post-treatment care at home. You can find each of these products in all Elite Body Contouring clinics.
Sun Protection: Solar Defence Moisturiser
Why you'll love it: Not only does it protect skin from UVA, UVB and infrared rays, its lightweight coverage allows the skin to shine through, leaving you with a gorgeous healthy glow you’ll love. It’s enriched with skin-loving ingredients, including hyaluronic acid to lock moisture in, and a blend of calendula, cucumber and acai-extracts to guard against free radicals. This product is vegan and cruelty free and does not contain any gluten, parabens, phthalates, soy, or sulfates.
Light-Weight Moisturiser: Face Lift Moisturiser
Why You’ll Love It: Face Lift uses a powerful L22 lipid complex to increase your skin’s age-preventing defences to the levels they were at when your skin was in its prime. This cream also delivers just the perfect amount of hydration while antioxidants and peptides help protect from damaging free radicals. This product is vegan and cruelty free and does not contain any gluten, parabens, phthalates, or sulfates.
Thicker Moisturiser: Power Lift Face Moisturiser
Why You’ll Love It: Power Lift moisturiser was designed with anti-wrinkle warrior in mind. This powerlifting, nutrient-rich cream provides the potent hydration your skin craves without feeling oily. Specially formulated with pineapple ceramides and shea butter to lock in moisture, and gravity-fighting peptides to lift and plump the skin.
Eye Cream: Eye Authority Eye Cream
Why You’ll Love It: Using crushed pearl to instantly brighten the eye area, this light moisturiser also reduces the look of expression lines, wrinkles, and puffiness over time. Sleeping beauty has nothing on you. This product is cruelty free and does not contain any gluten, parabens, phthalates, soy, or sulfates.
Treatment Serum: Anti-Ageing Power Serum
Why You’ll Love It: This powerful serum is fortified with wrinkle-relaxing peptides. Formulated with collagen-optimising peptides and antioxidants, this treatment also boosts collagen to combat skin sagging. This product is vegan and cruelty free and does not contain any gluten, parabens, phthalates, or sulfates.
Treatment Serum: Firma-Bright Face Serum
Why You’ll Love It: Not only is it loaded with highly stabilised Vitamin C, it includes resurfacing peptides, powerful antioxidants and pigment inhibitors to safely fade dark spots and maintain your results. You’ll love your skin’s improved texture and amped-up radiance. This product is vegan and cruelty free and does not contain any gluten, parabens, phthalates, or sulfates.
Elite Body Contouring Copyright ©2021 All rights reserved.